Then download the appropriate preset from our Encoding Settings article. Make sure you choose the right preset based on your source video.
Once you've downloaded the preset, follow these steps:
- Open the Handbrake application.
- Handbrake will ask you which video you want to encode.
- Navigate to and open your video file.
- Then from the Presets menu, select "Import"
- Navigate to and open the .plist preset file you downloaded.
- If the Presets drawer is open in Handbrake you will see the new preset in the list.
- If it's not open, click "Toggle Presets" at the top of the Handbrake window, and you'll see the preset at the bottom of the list.
- Finally, select the preset by clicking its name in the list.
- This will apply the settings to your video. Tweak them if you need.
- Now click "Start" at the top left of the Handbrake window and your video will encode.