How to embed on a personal Facebook Timeline:
If you want to embed a Distrify player on your Facebook Timeline, simply share the short URL for the film from the Facebook player. Click the Share icon in the top-right of the player and then "Share on Facebook".
You can add a comment in the popup and then share. This will embed the player on your Timeline.
You can also copy the short URL and just paste it into any post on Facebook.
How to embed on Facebook Pages:
You can embed your Distrify player in your Page Timeline using the same method as above by copying and pasting the short URL. That is the preferred method for sharing on Facebook Pages since it pust your player into the page's Timeline and into your fans' News Feeds.
We have also created the Distrify Facebook App that lets you embed the Distrify video-player for your film on your Facebook Page. This should not be seen as an alternative to embedding in the timeline since few visitors will ever see your Page Tabs. Almost all activity on Facebook occurs through the News Feed!
Note: If you want to install a page tab for a film that you did not add to Distrify, you must "Follow" or sign up to the mailing list for the film. Then it will show up in your list of films when you link the film to your page.
To install the page tab, all you need to do is:
- Log in to Distrify if you're not already logged in.
- For Film Owners: If you are the owner of the film you want to embed on Facebook, just navigate to your film's profile on Distrify and click the "Embed on Fan Page" button under your player. In the next screen select the page you want to add your film to and click the Add Page Tab button.
- For Film Fans: If you're not the owner of the film you want to embed, first click "Follow" in the film's player so you're subscribed to the mailing list. Then click Add the Distrify Player to your page right here. Select which page you want to add the tab to and click Add Page Tab.
- You will be redirected to your Facebook Fan Page and a list of films you own or are following. Choose the film and click "Link (name of the film) to page".
- If you want to change the name of the tab from "Watch Now" to something else, you can go to the Apps section of the Page Editor and click Edit settings under Distrify (on your FB page click Edit page then Update info then go to the Apps section and click Edit settings under the Distrify app). Then you can change the tab name. You can also upload a custom 111x74-pixel image for the tab icon.